Saturday, May 1, 2010

Haunted?

Thanks to Vijay for sending me across an article on the internet, which says that the hotel i was staying at in Taipei is haunted. The story says that as it was built on some cremation ground, the hotel is haunted. Though i was scared for a few minutes, i realized that its all a psychological feeling. The first day i stepped into the hotel(when i dint know the story behind the ghots dwelling in that place), I heard a few sounds outside. I rushed to the see through glass and realized that the acoustics of the building were indeed pathetic. If any living creature walks across the corridor, you can hear the foot steps inside your room. It can be understood if a guy next door is opening the door and you can hear a vibration in your door. But, its surprising to see that if a guy opposite door opens/closes his door, you can feel the jerk in your door. Now, if a person enters the hotel with all the historic knowledge on the place, he surely will attribute all the above to ghosts and will not dare to investigate, or even try to see the truth behind it.

After a few days, my friend Mr.Felix Suresh Chelladurai gives me his version of the story supporting the ghosts in the hotel. His narration skills probably were enough convincing that it kept me worried for the next two days. The moment i enter the hotel room, i used to play 'vishnusahasranamam' from my mobile and feel that it clears off the ghosts in the room. I happened to stay on the 13th floor. 13 as a number is not considered sacred. There is another story which says that the ghosts cannot climb beyond the 11th floor. Sometimes, fear is the worst feeling than anything else in this world. It kills the person every minute! It conquers the person to the extent that they even fail to think normally and come out of it. After giving myself sometime, I could answer back every story that Felix had told me with a proper justification. I managed to come out of the fear and enjoyed my stay!

No comments: