Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cruise @ Singapore

Well prepared to rock at Singapore, i made a big checklist with all the things that i want to do.. and places I want to visit. One of those was to go on a ferry. Yesterday, we had mid project celebrations on a cruise which was exclusively for us(ANZ). It was quite a good timing. The cruise started at 7PM, just after the sun set. As the darkness amplified with time, the beauty of Singapore and the fun of the cruise journey also augmented. Though I dint get the pleasure of sitting at the edge of the cruise with the water splashing across my legs at regular intervals, it gave me immense pleasure to be sandwiched between the pleasant blue sky and the deep blue water.

Before the cruise started, i had a hundred questions running in my little head.. Aren't we starting at a wrong time? Isn't the water current high at this time? How do we ensure that the people are spread across the cruise and not concentrated at only one side of it eventually leading the boat to topple down? How deep is this water? The water indeed looked wild before starting. I dont know where all these questions were side lined once we were on our way. I was too busy enjoying every minute of the beautiful ride. All of us screamed in unison when we were half way through, at the beautiful site of fireworks on a distant island..

With the cold breeze blowing across, the pleasing sound of water as we progress along, glittering lights here and there from the other boats around, the clowdy sky with twinkling stars, the naughty full moon intermittently hiding behind the clouds, soothing music being played.. what else do u need?? It was a place just too perfect... How I wish I had my special someone with me in such a romantic evening to just make it a complete one!

No comments: