Saturday, May 8, 2010

Carrot juice: Disaster

Happy after having a delicious North Indian thali at a food court near my office in Singapore, I wanted to complete the lunch with a juice. At the juice stall, the peeled carrots were red and looked really yummmmmy. So, without any second thoughts, chose a carrot juice. Neither did I explicitly specify to add sugar in it, nor did she take the initiative to do so, having known the fact that the carrots were not sweet enough. After a sip, I realized that it would be great if it had a spoon of sugar in it. I looked around the counter to locate some sugar. Right next to her was a bottle of white crystals of the same size as that of the cystral sugar in India. The bottle had a huge circular opening(about 1 cm in diameter) at the top to take the white crystals out of it as against to the small opening on a bottle of salt. After stuffing in a pinch of it into my glass, I just helped myself to taste a few crystals only to realize that I saved a big disaster! It was indeed SALT!!! I have seen crystal salt, which is close to about half a centimeter in length. I had never(never before today) seen the so called crystal salt that looks just similar to sugar(in size), in a bottle with a huge opening in an outrageously deceptive way. Irritated with their wierd salt, I was happy that I saved my carrot juice and myself from that illusionary material. Amidst all this, Naveen with an intention of helping me came running to hold the disposable glass of juice from my hand and tested the strength of his hand against that of the plastic glass and finally ended up successfully splashing it everywhere including my cute top, thus making the disaster inevitable!

No comments: