Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Complexity Vs Simplicity

The pleasant music from my Nokia cell diverted me from reading a book and, to my surprise, it was my junior calling up from Hyderabad. After the greeting, the conversation turned towards her college admissions.. The more I heard from her about her options, the more perplexed I became. Before even she could finish her list, I had to ask her for a break!

Once I was through with the call, I was not able to resume reading the book.Events, that took place 4 yrs ago, came flooding through my memory. How easy it had been! CIVIL at BITS , CIVIL/CHEMICAL at JNTU, ECE in GRIET and EEE in Vignan jyothi. Decision making cannot be any easier.

It was just a matter of a day, with quite a few arguments and discussions to convince the reluctant parents (and, ofcourse, the influential relatives) ... First semester fees DD in favour of BITS Pilani had been sent the next day and all other Colleges' admission letters found their place in one corner of my shelf.

That was all it had been.. So, why is there such confusion in her case? Or, is that wat is normal and that I wasn't very keen on a wide pool of options! Whatever, am confident that I have taken one of the best decisions in life and am sure i cannot be any happier than this :)

No comments: