Monday, June 11, 2007

As the days roll on..

I have 4 more days to go before i put a fullstop...or atleast a comma as of now to my student life. Thanks to BITS for incorporating one full semester under internship programme. 7 semesters oncampus as a naughty student with vast space for multifaceted activities enabling allround development and 1 semester offcampus as a student budding into a professional. This fetches the graduate degree.

Itz 11:12PM and I lay on my bed pondering over various thoughts.. As i see few people online on my list..i get back to the day1 when i stepped into oracle as an intern. It was a total new place and a diff atm covered by a totally new corporate mask. Thank God..! Bangalore is filled with BITSians ;-) A wave of relief crept over me as i was introduced to the team i am to work with for one semester of project work, to see 2 BITSians in the team of 8.

It was a period of translation from a student pursuing civil engineering to a professional all set to take on corporate world with a wish of being a magnificent programmer. It was the span where there was a ferocious battle of "Bits sickness" vs "Home sickness". A brief orientation of the work was sufficient to feel all my dreams being shattered mercilessly. Thanks to my fate, for my project...if not beyond by expectations..was atleast not quite below my expectations..! It has taught me a lot of things which now make me confident enough to take over the challenges at workplace and the spirit of golden career ahead.

The countdown for the last day of my internship started 2 months ago. Each day the count gets decremented, the smiles on my face began crossing the bounds. But things have changed as the days rolled on. Here is an effusion of feelings that lack words to express. Uttering a three letter word "BYE" is not all that easy as i had thought. I now realize that i was wrong once upon a time when i thought i would never miss anything or anyone more than the things and the onez that have accompanied me for 7 semesters. Itz not the time that matters; itz the intimacy.

Well, Itz all a part of life. One phase of it ends only to give rise to another budding new pool. So, lots more in store..!Just enjoy..you cannot afford to miss this... for each phase comes only once to leave gratifying retentions for the onez to come.!!


3 comments:

PATTUGRAPHER said...

This is how life is... Every phase has its own advantages and disadvantages... For ex. To leave a project and go into a new one has an advantage that u will learn more but the disadvantage is tht u will miss ur colleagues, ur friends in the old projects..

Life is like tht only... The days will roll on and on for good... and the SHOW will go on..

Sravani said...

very true..! n we shud rock every show..! :D

Ramya Satyam said...

Gurl... nice to see this post. The reason BITS has 6 months internship at the end is to introduce u to this professional world and to teach u this very lesson and from what I see... u learnt quite well kid!

Kudos... rock on!