Thursday, May 14, 2015

US trip updates: San Francisco

Summarizing what I have seen in the last 5 weeks is very tough. Not a single day passed by without having me excited over at least one thing. US is a place where you can find people from different countries. I liked the beautiful residential localities with parks at walkable distances. I liked the vastness of the place and large open spaces. The best of all is that most of the pictures taken in US in the day time come really well :P.  

I saw so many types of vehicles in San Francisco. I travelled in a bus on road with wheels which had a pole on top connecting to a cable running across. There was another bus running on rails on the same road. There was a train which also had two poles on top connecting to two different cables running across. The roads have a lot of rails on them. One look on top and u see a lot of cables running across. I was very excited to see so many types of transportation. Did someone ever say roadways and railways cannot meet without a gate? And yes, the place reminded me of the long forgotten Civil Engineering concepts. 

I stayed in a non-Indian's house for 3 days. It was a very pleasant experience. She was Vijay's colleague at his previous office. She was so sweet to order a sofa couch to make us comfortable in addition to the bed which was already present. She has a baby and the entire house was a perfect example of a baby proofed house.


The Golden gate bridge was a complete beauty, especially when half covered in fog. I made sure to read all the stuff displayed about the bridge there. The walk on the bridge showed great views of the city. There were a lot of people sailing on the sail boats as hobby. I enjoyed each and every minute spent there. The bridge is equally gracious from all the angles. I will update about the rest of the things that amazed me in the next couple of blogs. I gotta go now!


No comments: