Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Distance Vs Relationships

Long distance relationships as all of us agree upon, wont really work in most cases. Similarly, I had an argument with Vijay a few years back that its not the same for friendship. Long distance friendship works. If we really have good friends, we will keep in touch and will remain friends was my side of the argument. He said, you might have that bond. But, however good friend a person might be to you, unless you live in the same place and meet occasionally, that bond will be lost. You will eventually move on and get acquainted with the new place, surroundings and make new friends and begin hanging out more with them and will gradually lose your intimacy with ur old friends. I wasn't ready to accept that argument then. I thought school and college are different and the friends we make there are good and fun.. but they might not last as it is not a very mature phase of our life. However, I thought the friends we make after we set our career are going to last for a whole life. Keeping all the beautiful quotes like "Distance means so little when someone means so much", "Side by side or miles apart, real friends are always close to the heart" etc, I have finally come to accept what I failed to accept a few years back.

No comments: