Thursday, January 7, 2016

Resolutions!


With the dawn of the new year, I hear the word 'resolutions' too often! Some framing theirs very seriously and posting it everywhere and asking others what their resolutions are.. While the definition of this word in this context goes something like this - A firm decision to do or not to do something, I wonder what its significance is to the new year! I believe, if u want to do something, there is no better time to start it than right NOW!! Don't wait up. Ofcourse every year is a new beginning. And so is every month, every week, every day, every hour.. oh come on! every measurable second is a new one!! What happens with the resolutions that you so specifically wait for the new year and begin? You follow for a few days or weeks.. some stronger and determined people follow for a few months. And then what? You wait for another new year to make another set of resolutions.. and the years go on.. where you finally reach a point where you add, "following my resolutions strictly" as one of your resolutions! I am not pointing at anybody. I am just talking out of experience.. The best thing to do that might work better, or rather which worked better to me was.. if u realize you have to stop or start doing something, just start it at the earliest convenience and don't wait for the new year!

No comments: