Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How is saree conservative?

Saree - I just can't understand how it is conservative! It exposes a women more than a salwar or a jeans does for that matter. There are people who think wearing a saree is being traditional and conservative. As a matter of fact, I personally feel, saree limits the tasks a women can do. You cannot sit on a bike at the back with one leg on each side. You cannot run around as freely as you can as compared to a salwar or a jeans.. and there are many more such things..It clearly looks bad when u have to bend or do some household work. Yet, I just don't get it as to how it is more traditional and acceptable to every occasion to all the audience and other dresses are not! 

2 comments:

Swathi said...

Salwars and jeans are the best managable cloths as per me. They dont expose or restrict. I feel saree is for free airflow :p . Previously they dont have different outfits except saree. So now for their convince they declared it as traditional wear compared to others. May be i would declare salwar as traditional to my future generations ;) .

Sravani said...

@Nunna Swathi: :) yes! Salwar is more traditional according to me too.. I will do the same!