Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Keep the gossips away!

"Gossip" is idle talk or rumor, especially about the personal or private affairs of others.

Sometimes I wonder, If I am silent to something that is happening around me and I know it is not right, am I not supporting it in a way?? There are people who are extremely interested in peeping into others lives and making their own conclusions and passing it around to every soul they come across. They derive extreme pleasure out of spreading dirt and misinformation about others. Can you do anything about such people, though sometimes you know who they are? I blame people who listen to such non-sense and make/change opinions about others. Beware, you could be in it sometime or the other!

A wise friend of mine said years back, "I don't care what everyone says about xyz! As long as I don't face any problem with that person, I am not going to give xyz the cold shoulder". I would have lost many wonderful friends if I had not implemented her logic..

If you don't realize the goodness of a person, just because someone else(irrespective of whether you have known him/her for a long time) has a bad opinion about that person, you have the same thing to lose as that person! You basically lose each other.. Sometimes the gossiper might not know it is misinformation, but it could only be her own wrong perception. Simple rule of thumb, ignore anything that has not been processed by your brain or heart!

No comments: