Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Attitude Vs Perception!

Of late I have been hearing that I complain a lot. Well, I am neither Mrs.Perfect nor Aparichithuralu (Courtesy: Movie by name Aparichithudu). I know that I cannot go and improve the whole world and change it to be a sweet world to one and all. I always liked this one statement that my Intermediate physics sir had written in my autograph book - 'If you don't believe the life you live in, you should live the life you believe in'. Yes, it sounds so simple and nice. But not very easy to put into practice. In my opinion, things that went well are good. But you should think about the things that dint go well and start thinking about the ways and means to improve that unless you are doubtful about your confidence levels. You are right! The people who analyze such things are called 'critics'.

Each thing has a way in which it has to be handled. For instance, if you have to bring an awareness among the people around you, there is a way you motivate them by letting them know the demerits of what the current system is and telling them how things could have been made better. But, if you have to give a feedback about somebody's performance, you first tell them what they have done good and slowly let them know how they can make it better. If you notice me in one such conversations and mistake me to be complaining all the while, I would say that it is not my attitude problem, but rather your perception problem!

1 comment:

Zach Taylor said...

if it was just a couple of ppl then you can blame it on those ppl's perception. but, if you are hearing it a lot, it probably is true :). dont you think? unless there is some fundamental cultural/generational issues going on.