Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Red bus: Epitome of pathetic customer service!

With deep regrets I write this blog today.. for the simple fact that Red bus was a start up by BITSians. As a BITSian, its quite natural to be a bit partial to your own college.. I had a very bad customer service from them, this not being the first one, but the one that made me reach the yield point/breaking point. Below is the mail that I had sent to their customer service.. I honestly dont know if this means anything to them.. or if they even care about this. But, I want it give it my best shot to let them know that they were bad and they do need improvement. If they already knew it and decided not to bother about it, well, God save them.. because they will be left with no more customers on one fine day. Its high time they realize the fact - ' If you dont take care of the customers, someone else will'

To whoever it may concern,


I know that red bus has been started by BITSians. As a BITSian, I expect atleast some standards to be maintained. The customer service is worst than poor.


I last called the redbus in Bangalore to get 3 tickets booked(1 for forward journey and 2 for return). Inspite of repeatedly confirming the return date, I received a message on my mobile mentioning the confirmation of the ticket for a wrong date. I had to call back again and wait endlessly for someone to answer my call for something which is the fault of the red bus service person, who ever booked the ticket. Its a shear time waste to me. Instead of going into the website of the private bus company, say kesinesi directly and booking the ticket, the only reason why I go through red bus is to save some time in entering all the details over their website. However, my purpose is not solved and my time was even wasted.


After booking the ticket, I told very specifically that I need the ticket delived on the same day, because I was flying to Indonesia the next day, which is a sunday and is holiday for red bus. I had booked my tickets on a saturday morning and given a whole lead time of 1 day. I dint get the tickets delivered. I was promised that the soft copy of the tickets will be delivered after the hard copy is handed over. I organized one of my friends to pay the money and collect the tickets. I dint receive any soft copy of the tickets. My friend again called up and requested them to send across my tickets to my email ID. They still dint! I dont understand what kind of a customer service this is? If you cannot deliver, please admit in advance so that I will look for alternatives.


I really don’t know if this email means anything to you guys.. But I just want to let u know that u lost your good will… Definitely, I will never book with red bus again after all this inconvenience caused not only to me, but my friend at India who has been following up for me and wasting his time. I will communicate this experience with all my friends in the corporate world and make sure that they dont face similar experience by choosing red bus.. and waste their valuable time..

3 comments:

srideepti said...

what is the current status?do you have the ticket to travel or still waiting?

Sravani said...

I have dear.. got my friend give the hardcopy of the tkt to my roomie.. will take it from her...

Dr. Samuel K. said...

I traveled from Bangalore to Chennai on 22 Aug 2010 by Sangita travels {ticket no(TC9G26278242)} along with my 3 year daughter. They squeezed us into a bus that was scheduled to leave 1 hour earlier than 4 pm, from Madiwala. As the result of which there were already occupants on our seats. We had seat no 27 & 28 and were asked to sit on the last row. After a lot of haggling and making them understand that my daughter would vomit in the last seat, they reluctantly agreed to give us front seats. I was repeatedly reminded that the seat numbers booked through "redbus.in" are dummy numbers, it's not the same as inside the bus and they would not honour them. The condition of the bus was pathetic, it's almost falling apart. the seats were all dirty beyond compare, the decals were falling, the engine belt was probable loose and there was a constant loud under body whipping sound. My first experience with redbus was a sad one......